Okay… most of my yes. Concerns:
- Alternate timeline WWI, or is this down and dirty WWI?
- Will default weapons be single-shot/bolt action guns?
- Melee hasn’t really been Battlefield’s strongest suite.
- Going to be real interesting without a minimap. At least, there shouldn’t be one.
- I hope the weird fixation on the biplanes doesn’t mean will still see 40-1 pilots strafing all game.
- There might be some cannibalization via BF4 due to the (presumed) extreme gameplay shift.
I got into the series with Battlefield 2 and that remains my favorite to this day. So without any of the Battlefield 1942 nostalgia, the time period is a bit weird. But I definitely think DICE and crew deserve massive props for going forward with what is otherwise a huge gamble. Yeah, COD is doubling-down on near-future, so a Battlefield 2143 or whatever might have been too much SciFi. But ceding it entirely? That takes some gumption.
So, yeah. This will be an interesting Fall.