End of Year: 2016 Edition
There are many who will argue that 2016 was the worst year ever, and I am inclined to agree. At least, I would, until I start looking at my own personal life, in which case things have been largely fantastic. Part of the slowdown in the past two months, for example, was because I was shopping around for a house. I’m technically in contract, but we’ll see how it goes.
Looking back at the New Years Resolutions (of sorts) from 2015, I had:
- Actually playing FFXIV for real this time. [Completed]
- Maybe, potentially sticking my toe back in GW2. Briefly. [Yep]
- Oh, yeah, I bought GTA 5, didn’t I? [I did, and I beat it too.]
- Being more excited than I probably should be about Overwatch. [100%]
- Spending a WoW token and immediately regretting it. [No regrets]
- Being amazing. [Of course]
I completed my foray into FFXIV fairly early on in the year, and am tempted to give it another go – especially given that I’ve done this spontaneous “Yearly Attempt” deal for ESO and GW2 recently. Perhaps a melee class would be better suited to my “actually press buttons” playstyle? Plus… I feel kinda guilty for finally deleting FFXIII’s 60+GB install, despite the fact that I technically already own FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns. Final Fantasy used to be my jam, you know?
Anyway, my goals for 2017 can mostly be summed up with:
- Give FF14 another shot.
- Play through some of those PS3 games I bought four years ago.
- Resist playing WoW until the WoW Token -> Blizzard balance goes Live.
- Clear at least 30 games from my Steam backlog.
That is basically it. See you folks on the other side of 2016.