End of Year: 2016 Edition
There are many who will argue that 2016 was the worst year ever, and I am inclined to agree. At least, I would, until I start looking at my own personal life, in which case things have been largely fantastic. Part of the slowdown in the past two months, for example, was because I was shopping around for a house. I’m technically in contract, but we’ll see how it goes.
Looking back at the New Years Resolutions (of sorts) from 2015, I had:
- Actually playing FFXIV for real this time. [Completed]
- Maybe, potentially sticking my toe back in GW2. Briefly. [Yep]
- Oh, yeah, I bought GTA 5, didn’t I? [I did, and I beat it too.]
- Being more excited than I probably should be about Overwatch. [100%]
- Spending a WoW token and immediately regretting it. [No regrets]
- Being amazing. [Of course]
I completed my foray into FFXIV fairly early on in the year, and am tempted to give it another go – especially given that I’ve done this spontaneous “Yearly Attempt” deal for ESO and GW2 recently. Perhaps a melee class would be better suited to my “actually press buttons” playstyle? Plus… I feel kinda guilty for finally deleting FFXIII’s 60+GB install, despite the fact that I technically already own FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns. Final Fantasy used to be my jam, you know?
Anyway, my goals for 2017 can mostly be summed up with:
- Give FF14 another shot.
- Play through some of those PS3 games I bought four years ago.
- Resist playing WoW until the WoW Token -> Blizzard balance goes Live.
- Clear at least 30 games from my Steam backlog.
That is basically it. See you folks on the other side of 2016.
Posted on December 31, 2016, in Miscellany and tagged End of Year, FFXIV, New Years Resolution. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
Nice! Any chance of convincing you of not going back to a server that sucks in XIV?
How far did you get in XIII? If you didn’t enjoy it, I doubt you’d enjoy XIII-2 or LR either. They “fixed” the non-open-worldiness (for very loose definitions of “fixed”), but the systems are basically the same, and the story is… Well, worse all around IMO.
So… No awesomeness this year? Where’s the unsubscribe button, then?
The awesomeness is implied. ;)
Gah, this meme! 2016 was a pretty average year in most respects. Even if you hate Donald Trump with the fury of 10,000 suns, I’m not aware of any calculus that renders 2016 worse than 2008 or 2001.